Saturday, July 3, 2010

Writer's Block # 6: My Favorite Memory

Originally written on LiveJournal.com, transferred and revised on July 3, 2010.


Writer's Block: My favorite memory

Mar. 18th, 2008 at 7:34 PM



What is one of your favorite memories?



My favorite memory is one of my earliest memories. It takes me back over thirty years ago, when I was five. It involves the first song I ever learned. The song was sung by Debby Boone and it was called "You Light Up My Life". It was also the first song I remember that my mother sang to me. I think back at this time as a better time, when I was still the youngest in the family, before my younger brothers were born. This doesn't by any means mean that I don't love my brothers or love them any less. I just remember this as a time that I was once the center of attention. This also brings back some sad memories since I lost my mother five years ago to lung cancer. I still have difficulty listening or even singing that song without crying. I'm tearing up as I write this but I felt writing this would help me feel better about this memory.

PS written July 3, 2010: The brother I am referring to in this entry since passed away on January 30, 2009 from Leukemia. Today this song has even more of a significance than it did when I initially wrote this.

Location:home on my computer, of course..

Mood: nostalgic

Music:Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music (only because it's playing as I write this...

No comments: