Sunday, May 23, 2010

Since I left them behind...

I had friends at my old job. Now that I'm not there, it's like I no longer exist. One person left the job and doesn't even trust me enough to tell me where she works. That's not a friend. Not a true one. True friends trust you. This one isn't true. One so called friend ratted me out to the boss for being too sarcastic and nasty. The last 2 years were almost constant harassment. One person lied about her nationality. She pretended to be from Trinidad when she was really Indian. I don't know why she had to lie. I guess she wanted to be accepted and couldn't be herself. One person forwarded a personal email to the human resources department. This is all because I told the truth of how my boss violated patient confidentiality. In retaliation, she had me suspended and eventually fired but not before she resigned herself. She is also responsible for my coworkers harassing me. She knew and did nothing. Other higher ups knew and did nothing also. And they wondered why I stayed out so much. No one wanted me there. Now no one keeps in touch with me. And if I try I am like a burden. Even someone who I thought was a friend is now conveniently too busy for me. Truth is, one person is going through their own situation so that one person I will let slide. Who wants to deal with someone who may no longer be able to be a productive member of society without having a breakdown every three months. You're only good enough when you're there. Now you no longer exist to them. It hurts and it's lonely. I miss my friends or rather the people they used to be. Or one or two in particular.

No comments: