Saturday, March 10, 2012

My Latest Scribe and Rant

It's been over a year since I posted here. Since I last wrote, I fell in love. With a blue eyed God. I think he's the one. I am writing something in here just to let people know I am still alive. Yesterday I was surfing the web for jobs on NJ Hospital websites. I had a wave of sadness and fear and bad memories flush over me while I was looking at some of the websites, especially one hospital where two people who I used to work with caused me too much heartache and I still can't forgive for almost destroying me completely. I want to return to work but it is not easy to find anyone as a reference. I feel like I was blackballed even though it was not the case. I lost touch with some people. I emailed someone and the person never emailed me back. I can't even get hired at a bookstore. It's frustrating. When I worked I was a damn good worker until I got sick. It's like none of that matters now. The economy sucks and that's another factor. I just want to work 20 hours a week. I don't even need them to give me benefits since I will be covered as of May 1st. I do clerical work. I can type. Not well under pressure but I can type. I worked more than a decade as a medical records clerk. I delivered newspapers. Done my share of office work. I am college educated and am thinking about going for a degree in Political Science since I am a politics wonk. I  don't claim to be an expert here but I am forever reading and listening to talk radio. I listen to both sides of the aisle but I am a Democrat at heart. I also operated a switchboard on and off for two years. I spent three months doing patient registration. I volunteered for almost a year in a partial hospitalization program for mentally ill adults. I answer phones currently for an LGBT organization as a volunteer. This sounds like a resume but I am mainly venting. Let's see who sees this and knows anyone who is hiring. 

No comments: